Friday, March 15, 2013

Caged Wolf.

Beauty is what surrounds me but maybe it is the beauty that makes it so wrong...?
It is incomplete...utterly incomplete. Most of the flowers have bloomed and some have died. Fireflies are everywhere constantly flying, constantly searching. Up above the leaves change colors influencing my mood...

What is this feeling? This longing for something more? Why must I not enjoy what I have? Does this make me human or selfish?

No...this makes me jealous. The flowers bloom without a care in the world, the fireflies fly where they please, and the leaves switch colors without anyone judging them for they are still beautiful.

Because I am human...because of society...because of history... I am caged. I am that animal being teased at the zoo...I am that goldfish stuck in a tank. Iam that child in Africa starving for food but with no way of getting it. Iam the world...stuck in ignorance of what has, is, and will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment